Friday, April 8, 2011

Srta. Hopkin's Interview

The interview was really interesting. Unforunately I could not interview Mr. Ridley, who I had originally intended to interview, but I ende up interviewing my Science teacher, Ms. Hopkins. the interview was slightly different than interviews I have done in the past, just because most of the interviews I have done in the past have been for Journalism. In Journalism, interviews are usually rather short, as you are getting information from numerous sources. In E-zine, as I am writing a feature story, I had to ask a lot more questions for just one person. I had the interview in the morning at about 7:45 am and finished by about 8:10 and had just enough time to get to class. It was very kind of Ms. Hopkins to be willing to be interviewed on such short notice. So I started off the interview by asking her how she got into Biology and teaching. At first, on a few questions, I'm afraid I cut her off. Then there was one question where she was giving a really good answer, and I knew I would have plenty of great quotes, but than a student interrupted for about 2 minuets, and after that we just went on to the next question. I was slightly disappointed. i did ask her about the budget cuts and the staff cuts, after asking her permission, and she gave me some good answers. I ended my interview by asking her what her favorite chromosome was. After looking in her copy of Genome that was lying nearby, she said Ch. 2, as it is responsible for our evolution from chimps. Very neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment