Friday, April 8, 2011

Dem Leads

Dialogue:

When most people are asked what their favorite teaching moment was, they usually reply with some big teaching triumph. Amanda Walker, however, thinks differently.

"The moment I remember most of all in the classroom was I had a kid who suddenly just vomited on another kid in class."

Startling Statement:

"The first time I ever stepped in to a public school was my first day as a teachers."

Descriptive:

The parrot squawks in it's cage as students hurriedly copy notes down from Ms. Walker's chalkboard. She lectures sternly, but with a calm and understanding undertone. All the students pay their utmost attention. By the end of a class, all of the kids have learned an entire new concept from their favorite teacher.

4 comments:

  1. I really like both the first and second leads. Though I think maybe you should use the first one and then use the quote as a quote later on in the story. I would also list a couple more things in addition to "big teaching triumph", or maybe put examples instead.

    :Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that they are all really good but I particularly like the first one because it's funny and It really makes me want to read more

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of them are pretty good,especially the first two. The third is great as well but maybe it lacks in point a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Startling statement seems shorter than 2 sentences but more than 0. The descriptive one is fine, and the dialogue one is entertaining.

    ReplyDelete