Thursday, April 7, 2011

Interview

So, this week we conducted our interviews for our feature pieces. For mine I interviewed Ms. Walker, a biology teacher at our school. That wasn't the hard part. Unfortunately, the first two people I contacted to interview (Cory Doctorow and Scott Westerfeld (hallowed be their name, would be more hallowed if they actually responded. But I digress) have still not responded. So, I settled for a boring old teacher. Or so I thought.

It turns out that Ms. Walker is a very interesting teacher. She had her parrot on her shoulder during the interview, which was entertaining. to be honest, I was fairly intimidated, interviewing a teacher of such incredible prestige.

Anyway, back to the other two people. I emailed Cory originally because I love his books. He also provides them for free in multiple formats. So, I sent my email off, excited. And then, I waited. And waited. And waited.

I kept waiting until the weekend before the interview was due. Since I hadn't heard back, I emailed another author (Scott). He didn't respond either. The day before due date, Mister Pip had the idea to interview Ms. Walker. And so I did. I interviewed her the day the interview was due during lunch. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment